Your Guest Welcome Book
When your guests arrive at your rental property they will want information.
You may well provide a good check in where you tell them all of the local recommendations and how to use your appliances but there’s every chance that a guest will forget and could even end up phoning you at a very unsociable hour.
Unless you use a welcome pack app, compiling a great guest book is the best way to provide every detail about the holiday rental home and the surrounding area.
Put yourself in the shoes of your guest. They want to feel secure. They want to know how everything works. They want to know which are the best restaurants or bars to visit. By providing a comprehensive guest book your guest will feel happy from the start
We recommend you look at including the following information in your guest book for clients upon arrival:
- Welcome message
- Your contact details
- TV/DVD operating instructions
- Air conditioning / heating thermostat instructions
- Washing machine / water boiler instructions
- Wifi connection instructions
- Check out procedure
- Emergency instructions to turn off water / gas / smoke alarms
- Local contact details for maintenance call out
- Contact details for nearest doctor / emergency doctor / hospital / pharmacy / vet
- Contact details for local police
- Contact details for consulates
- Refuse (nearest bins)
- Map of local and regional area
- Nearest supermarkets / shops / taxi ranks
- Nearest ATM
- Local recommended restaurants (with menus) and shops (with flyers, coupons and discounts)
- Local highlights / daytrips / activities and ticket information
- Parking restrictions
- Bus timetables
- House rules (noise, pool hours, ski storage, towels to remain in property, etc)
- Local events
- Location of iron / ironing board / hair-dryer
- Security reminders (double locks, window grilles, etc)
- Guest comments (you can perhaps have a seperate book for these)
Don’t spare expense on your guest book. It doesn’t create a good first impression. There are some excellent hardback, spiral-bound folders with sleeves where you can add menus and flyers.