Listing Site Survey Results: Listings Sites NOT recommended
Which listings sites would you NOT recommend and why?
Have you stopped using any for a particular reason?
(Website Name: Number of Respondents - Most common reasons given by respondents)
1. AlwaysOnVacation: 74 - aggressive sales calls and lack of enquiries.
2. HomeAway: 72 - increasing cost, lack of bookings and number of listings.
3. Airbnb: 55 - guest fees, number of listings and inflexible cancellation policies.
4. SunnyRentals: 54 - sales calls, lack of bookings and low ROI.
5. FlipKey: 42 - hidden guest contact details and lack of bookings.
6. CraigsList: 38 - spam and scam emails.
7. OwnersDirect: 37 - lack of enquiries.
8. HolidayLettings: 34 - expensive, technical issues and accessibility to customer support.
9. VacationHomeRentals: 25 - lack of enquiries.
10. VRBO: 21 - lack of bookings.
10. VacationRentalPeople: 21 - lack of enquiries.
12. HouseTrip: 20 - inflexible cancellation policies and photo requirements.
13. Wimdu: 17
14. 9Flats: 16 - lack of enquiries.
15. Booking.com: 13 - high commission, lengthy listing procedure and guest expectation.
16. VacationRentals: 12 - lack of enquiries and sales calls.
17. OnlyApartments: 12 - difficulty in listing.
Other sites cited less frequently by respondents included HomeAwayUK, HolidayRentals, Homelidays, PureHolidayHomes, SpainHoliday, GumTree, VacationRentals411, AmazingAccom, Rentalia, TopRural, PerfectPlaces, Abritel, ChezNous, Rentalo, VillaRenters, Arcadia, Gite.com, FindRentals, ThemedHolidays, OwnerDirect, CottageCountry, Roomorama, Niumba, Sawdays, Gullivers and IHA.
N.B. These results represent the answers and comments of the 684 survey respondents and in no way reflect the views of NeedMoreRentals.
Due to the large response to this survey and extent of individual comment and opinion there was simply too much information to be included here. We have therefore summarised the most remarkable findings of this study.
If you would like to request any specific information about any of our results contact us on info(at)needmorerentals.com.
We will not share any direct comments or contact details of survey respondents however we can provide more in-depth detail about results relating to a specific website, country or owner/manager demographic.