HomeAway.co.uk today introduced ReservationManager to its UK portal and will partner with HolidayRentPayment to enable advertising owners to streamline bookings and accept payment online.
Its partner, HolidayRentPayment.eu, is one of the leading providers in Europe for holiday rent payment solutions. Charges for domestic UK payments are a flat 1.4 %, compared to PayPal’s rates which start at over 3.4%, whilst international transactions on ReservationManager start at 1.9%.
US flagship site HomeAway.com introduced this last year and owners are already using ReservationManager to process holiday rental bookings online.
Andy Cockburn, Regional Director for HomeAway UK, says “We are committed to making booking a holiday rental as quick, simple and secure as a hotel, so more holidaymakers can enjoy the space, freedom and value this alternative accommodation option provides. As we drive adoption of e-commerce in our customer base, more and more bookings will flow through our checkout, improving holidaymaker experience and adoption of rentals and driving forward this market.”
CEO and founder of HomeAway Brian Sharples added “We developed ReservationManager as a result of feedback from our customers,” “Owners desired a simple and efficient way to interact with guests, and guests prefer the convenience and security of paying online. We are happy we found a key partner in HolidayRentPayment in order to enable ReservationManager™ to deliver both, and we’re thrilled with the initial response from our customers in the US and look forward to similar success in the UK.”
ReservationManager features include:
- Online payments – 1.4 percent for standard credit/debit cards and from 1.9 percent for international payments, powered by payment leader HolidayRentPayment.eu
- Owners have the option to enable a ‘book now’ button and completely automate the booking process
- Customisable e-mail templates – to facilitate quick replies and the ability to store a record of communications sent
- Quotes – owners can enter standard rental fees and taxes once and save for future quotes; quotes are then automatically populated in rental agreements and payment requests
- Online Rental Agreement – owners may upload their own rental agreements and guests must agree to the terms of the contract online before making a payment; cancellation and refund policies may be also customised