Common Concerns About Listings Sites
684 holiday/vacation rental home owners and managers from 47 countries took part in our survey (Listings Sites – The Good, The Bad & The Ugly)
What is your biggest issue or concern about using listing websites?
Open question – multiple answers possible.
The biggest concerns and issues with listings sites
Issue (Response numbers)
1. Increasing cost (92)
2. Poor ROI / Lack of enquiries and bookings (86)
3. Control over guest details prior to bookings (47)
4. Payment delay until after guest arrival (31)
5. Time consuming listing process (29)
6. Crowded market place (22)
7. Move to ‘Book Online’ (21)
7. Availability calendars/ICal synchronisation (21)
9. Fraud & scams (17)
10. Poor quality enquiries (16)
10. No customer support (16)
12. Inflexible cancellation policies (11)
13. Poor customer services (9)
14. Move towards commission-based models (8)
14. Budget properties advertised as ‘luxury’ (8)
14. Quality of guests (8)
17. Limited payment processing methods (7)
18. Do not properly understand the site (6)
19. Owner ‘Response Rates’ limitations (5)
Owners and managers gave over 120 concerns and problems with listings sites.
OTHER RESULTS FROM THIS SURVEY:
- Number of respondents & locations
- Listings sites used
- Listing sites producing the most leads
- Listings sites not recommended
- Listings Sites where hosts have not completed a listing and why
- Listings sites providing the best customer service
- Listings sites providing the worst customer service
- Listing Sites mobile apps
- Suggested changes to listings sites
N.B. These results represent the answers and comments of the 684 survey respondents and in no way reflect the views of NeedMoreRentals.
Due to the large response to this survey and extent of individual comment and opinion there was simply too much information to be included here. We have therefore summarised the most remarkable findings of this study.
If you would like to request any specific information about any of our results contact us on info(at)needmorerentals.com.
We will not share any direct comments or contact details of survey respondents however we can provide more in-depth detail about results relating to a specific website, country or owner/manager demographic.